What’s on Sale in August?
In addition to the regular sale cycles of everyday items, there are a few items that go majorly on sale during certain months of the year.
Here’s what’s likely going to be at SUPER low prices this month :
Back To School Items:
- Snacks–We buy enough to last 6 months when the prices are at their lowest. That way we don’t have to pay full price for an item and there is always quick and easy lunch box fixings on hand.
- School Supplies–I stock up for my daughter for the entire year. As well as enough supplies to donate 10 or more items to the local elementary school. Then I always have extra’s on hand when the teachers send notes home in the middle of the year. Being a teacher myself I know how much money teachers do spend out of their own pockets so I try to help where I can.
- College Dorm Room Supplies–Anything you can imagine for a dorm room will be on sale!! I of course don’t have to worry about it just yet, but I know it is just a few short years away.
- Athletic Clothes–Stock up for the year so you are ready!!
- Tools and BBQ items–It’s getting close to the end of the season so watch those prices because they will drop. This is the time you want to stock up!!
And here is a list of produce that is in season this month…so watch for low prices on these too
- Summer squash
Summer Clearance Items
- Bathing Suits and Beach Gear
- Summer Clothing – end of August, early September for best deals
- BBQ and Patio Equipment (including charcoal and lighter fluid, etc.)
- Sunscreen & Insect Repellent
- Swing sets and Outdoor Play Equipment for the Kiddos
- Summer and Seasonal Toys (many big box stores do a BIG clearance at the end of August to clear shelves for new Christmas products)