Valentine’s Day Wine Cork Heart
This Valentine’s Day Wine Cork Heart is one of my all time favorite Valentine’s Day gifts because they are super easy to make and make your house a little more festive. Make someone’s day when you give them this handcrafted Valentine’s Day wine cork heart. You can make your own in just minutes, perfect for gift giving this Valentine’s Day season! All you need is a few corks, and a few other basic craft supplies. I’ve been saving corks for awhile for projects like these so I love it when the idea strikes. But if you don’t have any on hand here are a couple ways to get yours for cheap!
Go to your local thrift stores and look for some there. I once found a rather large collection for less than a few dollars!
Craft stores often have a percentage off coupon. Use them to lower the price of craft corks and pay anywhere from 40%-50% off.
Place an add in your local Swap Shop Groups to ask people to save them for you. Lots of people enjoy a glass of wine and just pitch the corks. Contact your local restaurants that serve wine as well and see if they would be willing to save you some of there’s!
Here is how you can get started!
3 wine corks
Hot glue, glue gun
Your choice of craft paint
Ribbon for hanging
1. Begin by taking your knife and cutting the wine cork into 3rds or 4ths if you are able. Cut slowly and
2. Arrange the corks into a shape of a heart. Arrange until you feel good about the shape and
3. Add a dab of glue in between each cork and secure it to the cork next to it.
4. Continue until all of your corks have been glued and your heart has taken shape.
5. Apply a coat of paint to the corks. We chose red and applied it lightly for a worn and rustic look.
6. Once your paint is dry, tie on a ribbon for hanging.
Your Valentine’s Day wine cork heart is now ready to be enjoyed. Gift it to someone you love or keep it for some fun yet frugal Valentine’s Day décor!