Oriental Salad Recipe
When we go out to eat Applebee’s is one of our favorite places to go. But if the truth be told we only go out to eat maybe once a week because we have found it is much cheaper to dine at home. So in an effort to make more flavorful meals I decided to try to make up an Oriental Chicken Salad to copycat one of my favorite dishes from Applebee’s! I won’t say it is an exact replica, but I will say it is very close and one of our favorite go to meals!
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
6 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons white vinegar
8 teaspoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2-4 cups vegetable oil for frying
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 cup Cornflake cereal
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
2 cups chopped red cabbage
2 cups chopped napa cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1 green onion sliced
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
⅔ cup chow mein noodles
- In a small bowl whisk together all of the salad dressing ingredients. Put in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare your salad.
- Prepare your oil in a deep fryer or a frying pan over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, add the milk and mix well. Crunch the cereal and mix with flour, salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken into long strips. Dip in the egg mixture and then roll in the cereal.
- Fry each chicken finger for 5 minutes or until it has turned dark brown.
- Prepare your salad by tossing the lettuce, cabbage and carrots. Sprinkle the top with green onion and almonds.
- Top with chow mein noodles.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and put on top of the salad
- Top with the dressing and enjoy!
Let me know how your Oriental Salad turns out! Enjoy this recipe all summer long!