How to Manage Your Anti-Aging Regime in Your Busy Schedule?
Chaotic, highly stressful, demanding — Do these adjectives describe your typical day? Everybody wakes up to the alarm and beat the rush hour traffic everyday like you do. So, while this routine is typical, your skin shouldn’t suffer in the process. Find a way to engage your skin with the best anti-aging creams like Solvaderm anti-aging solution but remember that it is your entire skincare regimen that will make a real, lasting impact on your skin.
The Skincare Routine for Busy Bees
To start off, it pays to be clear about what causes wrinkles. Listed below are the top culprits that are causing you aging skin:
- Aging skin cells. Every cell in your body will keep aging with the passing of time. As cellular energy decreases significantly, regeneration and turnover also takes more time to happen and your damaged skin takes more time to heal.
- Poor diet and lack of exercise. Even the best anti-wrinkle cream cannot undo the aftermath of this damaging combination that destroys your body, including your skin. Feed your skin from clean energy sources and it will show through your skin.
- Sun damage. UV rays leave marks on the superficial layers of your skin and these also damage the deeper layers, later showing up as wrinkles, saggy skin, and other visible signs of skin aging.
- Exposure to pollution. Anti-aging creams these days promise to help your skin fight the damaging effects of urban pollution, usually with the help of antioxidants.
- Chronic stress. Usually, this factor is closely associated with sleeplessness. Staying on this track for a prolonged period of time will not only render your wrinkle cream useless, it will also make you sick. Stress can be good but only if you give your mind and body time to rest in between. So, make sure to take at least 7 hours of sleep and find ways to manage your stress, including delegating when possible.
There is no excuse, not even your hectic schedule, for neglecting your skin. You must get on two routines: one for the morning and another for the evening. Here’s how your skincare regimen should look like.
Step 1: Cleanse. Don’t get off the bed and rush to the streets or, put on your anti-aging creams without cleansing your skin first. Make sure to use a soft-free cleanser so as not to leave unnecessary product residue that can infect your skin. If you have acne-prone or oily skin, amp up your cleansing routine by using a cleanser that contains salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide or both. These ingredients will help regulate sebum production and stop your skin from greasing.
Step 2: Tone. Tighten your pores to give your skin a smoother finish. Toning also draws out impurities from your pores and helps hold in skin moisture. Choose an alcohol-free toner that won’t dry out your skin even more.
Step 3: Treat (Only When Necessary). If you are using treatments, such as for acne, make sure to apply it as close to your skin as possible. You must also make sure that these are not formulated with photosensitizing ingredients like Vitamin A or any of its derivatives. Anti-aging creams that contain Vitamin A belong to your nighttime routine only and not to your daytime regimen. Your sheer and lightweight serums also belong to this part of your routine.
Step 4: Moisturize, Protect, Cover and Conceal (Daytime Only). Your daytime routine does not exactly require an anti-aging cream but rather a moisturizer must emphasize on the how to prevent wrinkles part of your skincare routine. It must be able to protect your skin from dryness, dehydration, sun damage, pollution, and stress. You can get all of these from a well-formulated daytime moisturizer which should look like this:
- Sun Protection: SPF 30 with broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. This part of your routine cannot be missed. If you don’t have time to apply another layer of sunscreen, that’s fine, as long as you’re getting a highly potent sun protection formula from your moisturizer. Antioxidants added to your moisturizer also helps further protect your skin from free radical damage.
- Moisturizer: It must consist of a fine combination of emollients, humectants, and skin conditioners that leave your skin with a well-hydrated feeling inside, and a smooth and dewy look from the outside.
- Cover and Conceal: Everybody needs some cover up during the day. So, unless you have any specifically bigger concerns on your face like dark circles, purple under eyes or deep-seated wrinkles. In such cases, you may need to use color correcting concealers and, in the case of deep-seated wrinkles, some contouring, highlighting and plumping may be necessary. Try a BB or CC Cream to achieve moisture, sun protection and coverage in one sweep. Use a high quality sponge or brush to better blend these products into your skin.
Step 4: Wipe Off Products (Nighttime Only). In fact, you can start removing products on your face in the tram or, when you’re about to step out of your office. Get yourself those makeup wipes and start removing your products gently and give your skin some space to breathe.
Step 5: Cleanse and Tone. These processes need to be done again at night. For those nights when you’re so tired, you can turn to makeup wipes or micellar toners to breakdown your products and make these come off of your face fast, without the need for water.
Step 5: Regenerate (Nighttime Only). At night, optimize your routine by aping up repair and regeneration. Use anti-aging serums meant for overnight skin repair and recovery. Make sure to fold in a well formulated eye cream when you’re 30 or older.
Step 6: Exfoliate (1x to 3x Weekly Only). A skincare routine is never complete without exfoliation. Not only does exfoliating improve how your anti-aging creams deliver benefits to your skin, this process also helps speed up skin healing by improving the rates of collagen production and renewal.
Just when you think you’re too busy to give your skin the TLC it needs, think again. You don’t want to wake up one day wishing you could have done better. No matter how tiring your day looks like, always leave time to give your skin the love it needs and you can be guaranteed that it will love you back.