0 Flares 0 Flares ×
5 Nifty Tips To Save Time And Money While Cleaning Your Home
- Save time when you clean your home by having a plan in place. If you try to clean your entire house all in one shot, you may become overwhelmed and aimlessly go from one room to the next without getting any one place fully clean. To save time and frustration, write out a schedule of different days to thoroughly clean different rooms. Monday; master bedroom, Tuesday; bathroom, Wednesday; living room, etc. Also, be sure to keep your cleaning supplies in one place and organized, or you will waste time and energy gathering your supplies.
- Save money by re-using dryer sheets! You can place dryer sheets in many places around your house to keep things smelling fresh and clean such as closets, drawers, laundry hampers, and the bottom of trash cans. If you have a pair of shoes that need freshening, but don’t have time to wash them, or they can’t be washed, stuff them with a couple of dryer sheets to freshen them up. The other staple at my house is frebreze because it allows you to freshen up quickly.
- Save money on cleaning products by using baking soda instead! A solution of baking soda and water makes a terrific cleaner. Usually 1 part baking soda to 5 parts water works best and can be used to clean floors, counters, tables and bathroom surfaces. Have glass shower doors? Use a little baking soda on a sponge to eliminate soap scum without streaks. Here are lots of great homemade cleaners that I use to help cut down on out of pocket costs.
- White vinegar is another household product that can be used for many cleaning purposes around your home. Pour some in the toilet bowl and let it sit when you go to work or overnight. When you get home, or in the morning, flush and watch the stains in the bowl vanish. Another trick, put some white vinegar on old newspapers and clean windows and mirrors in a circular motion.
- Don’t hold on to unwanted or unused items. They will only clutter your home and waste space. Instead of throwing things away, donate them to your local goodwill. Not only will you be helping other people, but donating can also help you from a financial standpoint because most donations are tax deductible.
What other tips do you have to help you save while cleaning your house?