France Vacation Planning
Planning a vacation is something that is hard work, but yet very rewarding once you get to enjoy your time away. One of the places that has always been on my Travel Bucket List is France. I’ve had several friends visit France over the years and each time I see a picture, it reminds me that I’ve yet to make that check mark on my bucket list. So during my downtime I’ve been planning our for vacation the Spring of 2018. But instead of staying in a hotel we are planning on checking out the houses for rent in France! How cool would that be?
Visiting France isn’t something you get to do everyday. If you’re going to visit, you need to know the best places to visit and why. First of all, France is spectacular on so many levels. We’re talking medieval cities, beaches, top fashion and more. You’ll meet people who are nice and full of French culture. France also has a very rich history that you will want to explore while there.
Some of our planned travel adventures include:
- The Eiffel Tower because it is one of the most romantic places anyone could ever visit. When you read about this place in magazines and books, you’ll want to make this one of your first stops.
- Disneyland Paris is the next addition because I love Disney and I think it would be a super cool experience to check out. Plus, it’s always cool to see a very popular attraction from America placed in a new location. Disneyland with a French spin, I like it.
- The famous Notre Dame Cathedral is also on our list of must visit locations because the Gothic architecture is one of a kind and it has been in the heart of the city since the 12th Century.
- The Seine Boat Cruise is another thing that we want to do, Because you can hop off and on the boat and see the city. It is the perfect solution to see France and get some exercise in as well.
- French Riviera is another place I can’t wait to visit, while in France. It’s located on the Mediterranean Coast of France and is so beautiful. It’s definitely a popular holiday destination that I can’t wait to explore.
- Pont du Gard is excellent if you’re up for a little exploring in France. It’s an ancient Roman aqueduct in the south of France. I can’t wait to see it in person.
Last but not least, we will take a tour through Claude Monet’s Garden. This is where lots of his famous works were inspired. . We know that we will have an excellent trip and one that will be full of gorgeous views. Just remember to follow these travel tips to help keep you on track while planning your Luxury France Vacation.
Flexibility also allows for sightseeing and other diversions. Unplanned stops can make for great memories and experiences. This is especially true in other cultures. You have to be flexible. You may have an idea in your head, for the day, but it could go in another direction. Stay relaxed and be flexible, while visiting France.
Have a Back-up Plan
It’s not a bad idea to have a back-up plan in case of unforeseen events. For instance, even if you leave early and allow time for a traffic jam, circumstances could come together in such a way that you have to spend the night somewhere before reaching your destination. Before leaving, scope out hotels that are along your route, and bring their information with you. Plus, it’s never a bad thing to get lost sometimes. Being in a new city is new and exciting, take advantage of it!
Pack Light, but be Prepared
It can be a little tricky to be prepared while still keeping your packing light. The key is knowing what to be prepared for. For instance, you can’t be prepared for absolutely everything (or else you’ll end up taking the entire contents of your home along with you!); but you can prepare for some basic things. For instance, prepare for various weather events by packing outfits that can be layered (you can add or remove layers according to the weather). This saves space by not packing different outfits for each possible weather scenario, but it still keeps you covered. A basic first-aid kit is also a good use of your packing space. It doesn’t have to be big, but it can make all the difference.
Remember to take time to unplug and enjoy the vacation of a lifetime. When I’m in a new country, all traditional travel tips are off the table. While in France, I will try new foods like a French baguette, Quenelle, and maybe even escargot. Trying new cuisine is a way of life, whenever you’re visiting a new location. If you had visitors from another country, you’d hope they’d try some of your authentic cuisine, right?
Soak in the memories
If you’re like me, you will want to take a lot of pictures. However, you can’t always enjoy France if you’re busy taking pictures all the time. For one hour a day, spend no time on social media, your phone, or on any electronic device. France is beautiful, so soak it up and make those memories.
Remember that while in France, you need to try new foods and visit new places. Don’t waste time! Spend time in the cities, visiting old castles. Spend time walking the streets to see living history. Personally, I’m looking forward to trying the authentic French cuisine, what about you?